We invite you to the EnviroInfo 2017 in Luxembourg to discuss the state of the art in research and application of Environmental Informatics, and how the discipline can help to improve our societies.
Due to several requests, we have extended the deadline for full papers to 28 April 2017.
Accepted full papers will be published in the Springer book series “Progress in IS”.
Please note that we will organise 12 Workshops (incl. one PhD Workshop)and special sessions, and a course on Sampling for Decision Making . We expect up to six keynotes by high-ranking speakers from industry, the public sector and academia.
The conference will be opened by the Luxembourgish Minister for the Environment, Carole Dieschbourg, and take place in the lovely Abbaye the Neimënster in the city of Luxembourg (https://www.neimenster.lu/ ).
The EnviroInfo 2017 is the 31st edition of the long standing and established international and interdisciplinary conference series on leading environmental information and communication technologies.
Luxembourg and LIST offer a unique setting for the conference. Due its size and geographical situation, the country is specifically challenged by environmental issues that cross borders, be it the impact of environmental disasters, emissions caused by the transborder mobility due to the international workforce of the country, or interoperability of environmental decision systems in general. LIST, as local organizer, is very much interested in research with a measurable positive impact on the society, which is perfectly in line with the goals and roots of the discipline.
In this context, the conference is open for contributions covering topics at the crossover between informatics and environmental research, such as geographical information systems, environmental modelling and simulation, risk management, material and energy flow management, climate change, environmental data analytics and visualization, application of satellite data and navigation (Copernicus, Galileo etc.), tools and database applications and other aspects with regard to the main topic ICT and the environment.
Environmental Informatics – From Science to Society: The Bridge provided by Environmental Informatics
Due to the interdisciplinary character of environmental informatics there is a wide range of topics that are traditionally covered by the conference:
- Cross-border collaboration and issues and environmental informatics
- Environmental Modelling and Simulation
- Applications of Geographical Information Systems
- Environmental Health, Consumer Protection and Quality of Life
- Risk Assessment and Resilience
- Software Tools and Environmental Databases
- Environmental Communication, Open Access to Data
- Energy Informatics and Environmental Informatics
- Environmental Informatics Research in Horizon 2020
- Design, Sustainability and Green Software Engineering
Topics of special interest will be covered within topic centered sessions/tracks within the conference’s schedule. Special Topics of this year’s conference are:
- Application of satellite data (e.g. Copernicus) and GNSS in environmental informatics
- Interoperatibility of environmental decision and information systems
- Novel methods and tools for the visualization and analysis of environmental data (machine learning, visual analytics, etc.)
- Metropolitan Carbon-Drop Solutions and Smart Cities
Workshops or Special Sessions
- Applied Environmental Modelling – Operation and Impact
- Disaster Management for Resilience and Public Safety
- Education and Training on Green IT
- Energy Aware Software-Engineering and Development
- Environmental Health Informatics
- Environmental Informatics – envision concepts, present approaches and discuss implementations (PhD Workshop)
- Environmental Management Information Systems (EMIS) and Life Cycle Assessment (LCA)
- IT-Systems and national park Monitoring
- On the Importance of Systems Methods and Systems Analysis in Environmental Research
- Sustainable Mobility
- Geographical Information Systems beyond Spatial Data Infrastructure?
- Open Source and Open Data - Transparent Modelling
Full Research Paper
Submission deadline for Full Papers (EXTENDED)
Notification of acceptance for Full Papers
Submission of final versions for Full Papers
Work in Progress/
Submission for Work in Progress and Short Contributions
Notification of acceptance for Work in Progress / Short Contributions and Poster
Submission of final versions for Work in Progress / Short Contributions and Poster
Early payment deadline
EnviroInfo 2017 conference
There will be a poster exhibition. Please note that the workshops will not accept posters.